Orange County Insurance Bad Faith Attorney
Reid A. Winthrop is the founder and managing partner of Winthrop Law Group, P.C.. Mr. Winthrop previously worked for Stroock, Stroock & Lavan, LLP where he handled hundreds of litigation matters involving all types of insurance disputes including: commercial general liability, specialty lines insurance, property and casualty insurance, life, health and disability insurance, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, as well as both small and complex business disputes. He also represented insurance companies in first-party and third-party insurance lawsuits involving an array insurance issues, insurance bad faith and punitive damages. Mr. Winthrop also was integral in addressing issues involving an insurer’s duty to defend and indemnify its insureds after the insureds were sued by third parties. Mr. Winthrop is now using this knowledge and experience to represent policyholders, insureds, claimants and other consumers and businesses who believe that an insurance company wrongfully and unreasonably denied their claim for insurance benefits. Mr. Winthrop has also expanded his practice to handle both minor and catastrophic personal injury lawsuits, which often involve overlapping insurance issues. Mr. Winthrop has years of expertise in litigating all types of disputes where insurance issues are implicated, and has uses his skill and expertise when analyzing coverage questions and ultimately disputes.
In addition to being an experienced insurance litigator, Mr. Winthrop represents individuals and small-to-large companies as they litigate and otherwise attempt to resolve their business disputes. Mr. Winthrop handles all types of business disputes.
Mr. Winthrop is admitted to practice in all California state and federal courts.
Mr. Winthrop now uses his years of experience defending insurance companies to fight for consumers and policyholders.
Mr. Winthrop was born and raised in Orange County, California, and currently calls Newport Beach, California home, along with his two overly active daughters.
- University of Southern California School of Law – J.D. 2002
- University of California at San Diego – B.A. 1998
- The State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
Representative Verdicts and Settlements
- $1,995,000 settlement in insurance bad faith/legal malpractice action
- $1,125,000 settlement in professional negligence/fraud action
- $865,000 settlement in real estate dispute
- $320,000 settlement in lease/business dispute:
- $300,000 settlement in medical malpractice action
- $240,000 settlement in disability insurance dispute
- $200,000 settlement in disability insurance dispute
- $165,000 settlement in bad faith dispute
- $150,000 settlement in breach of contract/bad faith dispute
- $150,000 settlement in personal injury action
- $85,000 settlement in wrongful termination/discrimination suit
- $92,500 settlement in Underinsured Motorist Insurance arbitration
- $45,000 settlement of breach of contract and insurance bad faith claim
- $46,000 settlement of breach of contract and insurance bad faith action
- Numerous reversals of adverse claims decisions against insureds